Last updated: June 21, 2023
We care about your personal data and are committed to protecting any personal data collected directly from you or through other sources.
1. Personal Data Collection
We might collect your personal data through our products, online services and websites, or when you otherwise interact with us.
When you create an account to use coherence products (“Products”) or services (“Services”) as a developer, use our Products and Services, sign up on our Discord channels, comment in our forums, fill out forms, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect your personal data.
The categories of personal data we may collect include:
- Payment information
- Billing information
- IP addresses
- Device identifiers
- Usage data
We automatically collect some personal data when you use our Services, play a game, or use an app built with coherence, or visit our websites. Below you find information about the specific personal data collected depending on your relationship with coherence.
A customer of coherence is both a user signing up and creating an account to use our Product and a user downloading and using our Services without creating an account.
When you are customer of coherence, we collect some personal data from you:
- IP address
- Device identifier
We use data collected from customers to set up the customer account and necessary users to customers’ employees, including administration, technical support and billing of such accounts and users. Moreover, we use the data to track use of our Products and Services with the purpose of troubleshooting and optimizing our Products and Services.
1.2. Website visitors
- Your IP address and device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your device, such as operating system, browser type and language.
- Demographic data (such as to determine the coarse location of your IP address).
- Statistical data such as pages visited, links clicked, etc.
We use data collected on our websites exclusively to follow traffic on a statistical level.
If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
When you play a game that is using all or some of our Services, we may collect your personal data, such as following:
- Player name
- Play ID
- IP address
- Device manufacturer / model, OS and version running on your system or device.
We use data collected in games built with coherence to create and administer player accounts, to maintain and improve stability and reliability of our Services, and to understand network load and traffic on a statistical level.
1.4. Other Sources
We may receive personal data about you from third parties such as marketers, recruiters, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine such personal data with personal data that you provide to us directly or that we collect.
We may also receive personal data about you from social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Products or Services, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
2. Legal Basis
We process your personal data based on the following legal basis’ depending on your relationship with us:
- Necessary for performance of our contract with you.
- Legitimate interest.
- Legal obligations.
We primarily use the personal data to provide, administer, operate, and improve our Products and Services. We may use the personal data collected to below specified purposes:
- Create, administer and troubleshoot accounts, Products and Services.
- Process bills and invoices and credit or accept payments.
- Improve accuracy, effectiveness or usability of our websites, Products and Services.
- Evaluate core business metrics and create statistics and reports about aggregate usage of any product utilizing coherence.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, support or administrative messages, and respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests.
- Communicate with you about Products, Services, and events offered by us, and provide news and information we think might be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
- Comply with legal process and obligations such as responding to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- Enforce our terms and conditions and to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates.
- Protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
We do not use your personal data for automated decision-making, including individual profiling. Notwithstanding the above, we may use data that does not identify you (including data that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
4. Data Sharing
- Service Providers. We may share personal data with service providers assisting us with services such as hosting providers, cloud service providers, payment providers, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose personal data except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Affiliates. We may share personal data with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Customers. We may share personal data with our customers. For example, we share personal data with our customers in order to maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, and otherwise comply with applicable law.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share personal data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may share personal data to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities. We also share personal data to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
We use Service Providers located within the EU as well as in third countries.
To protect your personal data when sharing it with Service Providers, we have entered Data Processing Agreements with and reviewed security documentation of our Service Providers.
5. Retention Period
Upon termination of a customer contract, we immediately initiate deletion from our systems except for data where we are under legal obligations to retain data for a longer period.
Regarding personal data collected from Game Players, we will retain the data for as long as you have an active user account. Once deactivated or requesting deletion, we immediately initiate deletion from our systems except for data where we are under legal obligation to retain data for a longer period,
As for personal data of website visitors, we retain the data for as long as necessary to fulfil purposes mentioned in section 3. Hereafter data is immediately deleted or anonymized.
6. Your Rights
According to GDPR, you have different rights regarding our processing of your personal data which we respect.
You are therefore able to exercise your rights as guaranteed in GDPR article 15-21, including but not limited to following:
- You may update or correct certain personal data about you at any time by logging into your account.
- You can email us at email@example.com and submit a request to update or correct your data
- If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain personal data as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. .
- You can request access to, and correction or deletion of, your personal data. If you would like to request access to personal data associated with our Services, Products and websites, please also contact us at email@example.com.
- You can opt out of communications like email, by following the instructions in any marketing message you receive. However, we might send a message confirming your opt-out and we may still receive non-promotional messages, for example about your account or subscription.
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal data from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
In some cases, your personal data is accessible when you log into a Product or Service we offer, and in those cases, you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your personal data is protected.